Friday, February 10, 2012

Insane chocoholics!!

Valentines day is a day where is all about love, flowers, cards and chocolates. Is a day where you want to spend it with your love one. A day where romance is up in the air. But is also a day where people are in a horrible attitude because they waited til the last minute to buy a gift for their love one.

As you guys know or even if you dont know, I work for See's Candies and valentines is one of our biggest holidays. Some people say that we re lucky to be working at a chocolate store. But they dont see all the crazy people we have to deal with. 

One thing I have learned working in this business, is that you dont fucking mess with people and their chocolate. Customers go insane when we are out of a certain piece of candy or we dont have that novelty they are looking for. In my mind I think "Is just fucking candy" but some customers dont see it like that.

They expect to find everything the day of Valentines and ofcourse we re completely out of everything and then they think that we are hidding every in the backroom. Really??? I love dealing with these type of customers cause I know that they are not getting what they want. I give a huge sarcastic smile and say "is it Valentines day today, most people buy their stuff in advance" LOL

Ofcourse customers get pissed off and ask me to call other stores looking those chocolate hearts and when you ask them how many bags they want,( thinking that if they are willing to drive 20 miles for candy, that it must be a big order) most of them answer "one".

In my many years working for see's, I seen pretty much every crazy situation for chocolate. Customers fist fighting over the last bag of candy, customers throwing samples back at me, customers blaming us because we didnt order enough candy, people stealing from their basket because we re out of want they want, ect..... (my list can go on for ever)

Not all customers are like that though, or else I wouldnt be there. There's only so much fucking attitude I can take. Most customers are nice and patience, but every once in a while we get this crazy mother fuckers who wait til the last minute and I love telling them we are out of candy.  

1 comment:

  1. I think my favorite part about working in customer service is the opportunity to tell a customer (especially a particularly shitty one) "no." I take no greater pleasure than what I get from that.

    ReplyDelete