Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Feeling Naked!!

My crappy phone finally gave up on me a few days ago. I knew it would happen eventually because it was a piece of shit. Since I dont have a phone with me I been feeling naked it without it, I never realize how much I depend on an insignificant piece of technology. I keep trying to see if it will work again because when I'm away from home I still want to be connected to the world by searching facebook or my email, but nothing happens. I get frustrated because I literally feel naked without my phone.
It realize amaze me that we've become a society that depends on technology for everything. Phones are not to make calls anymore, our whole life is in it, we have all our closest friends phone numbers, email, we use gps to get around and we constally checking our facebook to keep up with the world.

I remember back in my childhood if you were out and about and you need it to make a phone call and if you didnt have any change to use the pay phone, you were pretty much screwed. We always make sure we had a Atlas map in our car so if we were lost, we would find our way back. If we wanted talk to our friends we would wait to get home and call them on their house phone or we would make an effort to go visit them. We had more human interaccion with our friends and family. 

Since I been without my phone it really had me thinking, we are becoming so consumed by technology. We constantly changing technology because something new and better came out. At home everyone is either stuck on the laptop, phone, tv, or video games. Even while having dinner, (Im guilty for it) we re cheking our phones. Now that we have the ability to text too, we have gotten more lazy to actually call someone on the phone, and I know because I'm one of them, I rather text someone before calling, I gotten lazy to have an actual conversation with someone on the phone.

Even the kids now a days are stuck on their cell phone or video games. I remember growing up, my mom would tell me to go outside and play and not to comeback til lunch time or dinner time. I would go visit my friend down the street and we would play with our hotwheels or play marbles.

Even though I was born when technology was a huge part of society, we still had time to have more human interaccion and I feel we would enjoy life more. Sometimes I think we re becoming robots with all these technology we have. 

I love technology and how much far we have become as a society but it just makes me wonder if we re losing human interaccion. I never thought I would feel naked by not having my phone with me but sadly I do. I'm cosumed by technology too.

2 comments:

  1. i agree whole-heartedly. i generally hate technology. <3 that's why i'm never getting a smart phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont hate techonology but I feel like we re so consumed by it now that we forget to interact with one another

      Delete